Monday, April 23, 2007

A tour of Freiburg

Since the best part are always the photos, and I haven't got much more to say other than, "Yesterday was Sunday. It was nice." I figured I'd be your Fuehrer (leader) through a Stadtrundgang (City Tour) of Freiburg so you can see what I get to experience every day.

Let's start with The Albert Ludwigs Universitaet Freiburg. Here is Kollegien Gebaeude II. (KGII) This houses Law and Finance classes-so I'm here about 1/2 the time. (Just the other day they had a huge sign on the front that said Uni Freiburg 550 Years, but I missed it for a photo).


On the right side you'll notice Kollegien Gebaeude I (KG I) (Oh, Kollegien Gebaeude means College Building)


The gold motto across the front reads (Die Wahrheit wird euch frei Machen) "The Truth will make you free".






And below is our lovely (not really) library, where I sit now to type this Stadtrundgang, becuase the internet in our apartment sucks. In here, unlike Carlson, you have to pay for every printed page (which kind of sucks). BUT, you never buy textbooks.

Germans, it seems, don't concern themselves with copyrights for textbooks, so we just find the book in the library, and photocopy as much of it as we need. It's a nice $30 substitute for a $200 book.










No comments: