Monday, April 16, 2007

a mountain in my backyard

It's 12:58 a.m. and I have class at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow (the first day), so I need to get to bed, but the main points of this blog include
(the photo at right is of the worthington stone in Crailsheim in the Schweinmarktplatz indicating the partnership since 1947)

-Sunday was a gorgeous day, so I went on a 6 KM hike up the mountain/hill practically in my back yard. All I did was walk 10 minutes to the base, and then started climbing. Amazing to see how the once-standing castle (Schneeberg) stood on the highest hill perfectly positioned to guard Freiburg against any oncoming offenders.

-I think Germans hate being indoors. Take my apartment for example, it's referred to as a fishbowl because the whole front of it is a glass wall. They always want light. My room is almost too bright (high ceilings, white walls, white cloth, light wood.) Almost. It's still great.

-I lost my Studienbuch in the City, and until I get my Uni-Card I have no way of proving that I'm a student yet. I looked through 3 different stores and since each department has their own cashier, I had to ask a lot of people since nothing was centralized.

-I still hate doing laundry

-Internet finally started working. Just wait though...all good things come to an end.

-Germany needs Target Inc. Every store is so specialized that you can never find what you want.

-I hope Business Week back at Carlson is amazing

-Adam Simonett lives in Germany. And Jon Komp apparently just moved here too. (I saw someone that looked like them) However Adam is 15, speaks German, but still has the same "ramped" bangs. But this Jon hasn't worked out for the past (approx) 64 days straight.

No comments: