Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pfingstenpause (an excuse to Vacation) Part XI

Monday
Check out of Hostel. Buy lunch at bakery and open my book again for a good read. Off to Checkpoint Charlie which was so touristy and only mildly entertaining. Then I walked back along the remaining wall to Potsdamer Platz, further up to the Holocaust Memorial and the TierGarten (animal garden) for more reading. Back through the Brandenburger Tor to find a coffee shop on the strip (Haagen Daas) where I read again.








I then met Jenna and Tom for some ½ price German-made Mexican food—a fajita made by someone who has never been to Mexico.
After our early dinner I rush off to the airport to catch my flight back to Basel. But then time slowly passes as I miss the first bus to the train station. Then the next train running back to Freiburg was at 11:24 so I had to wait for 1 ½ hours at the station followed by a 40 minute train ride (which were both good opportunities for reading), to arrive at Freiburg in time for the last tram at 12:28 and then finally home by 1 a.m.


My trip is over. I had class the next day at 8:00 a.m. while holding plenty of good memories from a trip up north. Fun places, new people, and an experience to remember.

Later Days,
Rick

No comments: