Monday, April 2, 2012

Who says piano isn't a sport?

I just finished 5 hours in front of a piano in a tiny little practice room. Who says piano isn't a sport? It requires daily practice, warm-ups, speed, concentration, and technique. Plus, if you do it right, a lot of sweating. It's truly exhausting. Take that you football players and marathon runners!

Today was a good day for piano as spring hid behind clouds, my teacher (with a masters in piano performance) asked for my opinion on her music, and I finished my Chopin Nocture (Op 9 Nr. 2) and the first movement of the Beethoven sonata (Sonata no. 10, Op 14 Nr. 2--see pg 3 of the music and you'll understand how this is a success. That page is a long passage of sixlets against left-hand sixteenth notes. It was many headaches of practice.)

Now for rest and a shower.

Later days,
Rick

No comments: