Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Aftermath, an Analysis

HSK Level 5 Chinese Test, goodbye! I recently finished that which has plagued my thoughts for the last 7 months and is, in some way, a culmination of my efforts from the last two years.

Walking out of the test center filled me with both a sense of pride and relief. On one hand, I can now communicate fluently and to an advanced degree in three languages, all highly relevant to business. On the other hand, thank goodness it's over! (Hopefully the results also support the former statement.)

Naturally, I did some calculations to assess my preparedness. After reviewing all 2,504 likely vocabulary words, I discovered my recall rate (not the easier-to-achieve recognition rate) is 80.2%. With reviewing, my recognition rate landed around 93%. I need 60% to pass, and my average practice test scores are approximately 76%.

Yet, can you, the reader, predict the most overwhelming feeling now 2 hours after the test? Exhaustion.

Good night and later days!
Rick