Thursday, May 3, 2007

when you visit Freiburg, you'll see the following

Being almost a week since my last post, I decided to include multiple photos of the hike up the mountain (Schoenberg in my backyard).
Saturday we went to Stuttgart
Not realizing how stinking hot it would be, we took a quick trip the Euopean corporation of H & M. Here you see Alastair, Emma, myself, and Joanna after our change.












Stuttgart is hosting a one month festival called Fruehlingsfest. (Spring Festival) It's the largest spring festival in Europe so of course we had to visit. The big roller coaster they had there was so much fun. Imagine Wild Thing from valleyfair but crammed into 1/2 the space, which means it flips, turns, wiggles, and dives. It was great and only Joanna and I were daring enough to do it.

Here's Alastair at the beer garden in Stuttgart with his beer on left versus my beer on right. I was definately winning. Actually this was my 2nd liter and his first. I definately won.


So we strolled around Stuttgart the rest of the day. Visited a castle, and grabbed some Chinese before catching the last train back to Freiburg. The train ride was probably up there for best part of the day. The first connection was packed with students. We ran into some French students studying in Mannheim, and since 1/2 of my friends speak fluent French, they had a great time. Then the last connection was the best. This train conductor came to our wagon and instead of even checking our tickets, she looked through our photos, perused through some people's wallets, and refused to speak German. She was so much fun and completely hysterical. We of course took plenty of photos.

Sunday was calm. Monday was a BBQ at night to celebrate Vappu, a Finnish holiday on the 30th of April. Then Europe took off Tuesday for "Day of Work", kind of like our labor day. So I spent it climbing up the Schoenberg just south of my apartment. As you'll see in the next post.

Bis gleich,
Rick

No comments: