Sunday, May 20, 2007

Out of the game, but coming back Fighting!

The absence of any messages is due mostly in part to the unfortunate cold by which I was blind-sided late last week. The one that brought me down for Frankfurt is the one that kept me out of 1/2 my classes this week. Tranlating German is more exhausting then one realizes until the maximum energy level is temporarily thwarted.

Due to that, very little was accomplished this week. (I even cancelled Basel because of health)
I still have the initiatives to
1) Learn more German by creating hunderds of flash cards
2) Reading English textbooks to at least learn the concepts I hear in class
3) Reading english books instead of watching movies or t.v. shows on my computer. I figure that I lose the advantage of it being in German, but it is comparatively more productive than just a blockbuster movie. Additionally, I NEED to read more, i'm so poorly-versed that I have a better time rationalizing all this English while in Germany when I'm at least benefiting somehow. (oh, the first selection is Atlas Shrugged.)
4) Learn German. Read my German textbooks and so forth, but it's tremendously an uphill battle.

Coming up Thursday I leave for my 1 1/2 week excursion around the Baltic Sea. Thursday i'm off to Hamburg, then further to Stockholm. All I know at this point is I'll eventually make my way down to Copenhagen by the 30th and Berlin by the 1st of June.

Oh, and I keep trying to note the cultural stuff about German students...it's good stuff, I swear. It'll come later.

Until then.
later Days,
Rick

No comments: