Friday, May 20, 2011

Finally food at my doorstep!

I DID IT!!! As the pictures evidence, I finally successfully ordered food for delivery! I realize this sounds too simple an achievement to declare, but it's taken so many failed efforts to get here. First there were the phone numbers that never worked, then online ordering not available in my city. Innumerable language barriers and misunderstandings--pizza is not delivered in China, but KFC and McDonalds are. (The guy at Pizza Hut certainly got an earful when I, through my broken Chinese and his spotty English, learned this.) Add to this finally getting through to learn it's after hours, or, most frustrating, that delivery would take 100 minutes.

After all these attempts, 9 months of trying, I finally ordered take-out!
Hooray.

1 comment:

bridgetwhoplaysfrenchhorn said...

I had a funny realization while reading your post that I have never had food delivered to me here in Boston. Though my girls do utilize the frozen yogurt delivery service here from Red Mango...midnight study breaks galore!