Tuesday, March 15, 2011

From Spreadsheets to Lesson Plans

Ooh how things change.

 

From my work as an analyst before, I used to have nightmares about spreadsheets. I’d have a restless night as I struggle with too many cells, too many sheets, too many numbers that just aren’t coming together like I need them too.  Yes, I understand I am possibly the odd one for having nightmares about excel.  (Pause for ridiculing laughter.) 

 

Now, my nightmares have changed.  It’s no longer about data crunching, monsters, or endangerment, but for the first time the horror was showing up in casual clothes to teach finance without a lesson plan.  It wasn’t being naked in front of the class or making a bad investment that might lose millions of dollars. No one was chasing me with a machete.  Instead, I was standing in the school’s reception office wearing my golden Gopher t-shirt and blue jeans. Terrifying!  Yet, somehow I don’t think I can use this story next Halloween around a campfire.

 

Later Days,
Rick

 

 

No comments: