Friday, September 3, 2010

I got a Bike!

As you all likely know, I have become obsessed with cycling.  Moving to China was extremely difficult because, in part, I had to leave my bike behind.  It's a beautiful Focus Variado that led me wonderfully through 1,850 miles this season, but is now in storage in Worthington.

Despite this loss, I went on the prowl and found a new bike!  It is, by no means, in the same category as the Focus, being that it only cost 3,000 Yuan (or $500).  But here it is:


For those who understand specs, the following is important:
*Fully aluminum (aluminum fork as well)
*MicroShift components (integrated with brakes)
*Front chainring is almost a standard double (52-39 (or 38, the guy at the shop didn't know))
*8 cog rear cassette
*Brakes are (oddly) reversed, so left actually is rear
*Compact frame with 46.5cm from bottom bracket to top of seat tube and 53.5 cm top tube.
Basically, it rides nicely but not as well as a high quality, difficult-to-afford racing bike.  I think it should serve well for the coming 10 months in Zhengzhou.

I got a bike!

No comments: