Friday, July 27, 2007

End of German University

This morning I wrote my final, final test. 6 down NONE to go!
The course went as follows,
Last week, that of 15th-21st, was spent with a test on Wednesday for Renaissance in Venice, Thursday morning with History of Germany.
This week of 22nd - today (the 27th) was
Tuesday- Investments (Upper division)
Wednesday- Finance Analysis and Porfolio Management (Upper Division)
Friday- Fundamentals of Finance (Lower Division)

Look through that once and think about it for a moment. Yeah. I definately was not too worried for Friday's Fundamental's test because the content had already been tested on Tues & Wed where they assumed I knew all the fundamental stuff already. But while Friday's test was not as stressful, just imagine how bad Tuesday's was.

The tests went well and if I ask myself "Did I pass" i think I can answer yes. I'll have to wait a month, yeah it takes that long if not longer, to get my grades back. Until then it's time to enjoy Germany.

Tomorrow I travel off to Trier Germany for the afternoon. Uebernachten, then
Sonday in Luxembourg, Luxemburg. A good friend from Freiburg, Linda, actually is from there so we'll meet up and see the city. Thereafter I'm off to Liege, Belgium (maybe with an excursion farther west to Brugge (sp?)) thereafter back to Germany; my first time in Koeln (a.k.a. Cologne) for two days. Then Thursday I zip back to Freiburg to celebrate with friends the end of the semester for everyone.
Because my best friends here, Viktor and Philipp, still have tests this coming week (with the worst one being on Thursday for Game Theory) I didn't want to mull around Freiburg alone while they studied, so I decided to go to Luxemburg and Belgium.

Thereafter awaits so many adventures.
I've already assembled a full list of restaurants and bars in Freiburg (68 so far, so I'm setting my goal at visiting 30 different ones of them before leaving). Plus in the middle is a vacation to London & Ireland with Vik & Philipp, and also an excursion to Loerrach (Philipp's hometown) and Basel, Switzerland. Then there are the adventures on the Trams. I want to see the city so I want to go everywhere the trams go. Plus there's always the sleeping in late, jogging 10 KM each night or every other night, and then catching up on some SAFA stuff, but in all enjoying Germany without obligations, with German friends, and with the desire to do and see it all. Here is the beginning of a month I will never forget for life.

Until the next update.
Later Days,

Rick

P.S. Sorry for the absence of photos. As you read, there was nothing this and last week other than tests, so there would only be REALLY boring photos of either my desk, my coffee pot, or my pillow-the neglected desire.

No comments: