Thursday, October 21, 2010

I defaced two pianos.


While showing Philipp around (my German friend who came to visit), I went to the area with inexpensive video stores, which has a piano store on the corner.  I walked in to just play around and see how the pianos sounded.  The store salesmen were kind enough to let me play on the pianos.

After a few pieces, they started taking photos of me on the piano.  One of the salesman asked me to take a picture with him.  Then they moved me to the grand piano, and after a few minutes handed me a blue marker.


I had to ask him multiple times if he was serious, and he totally was.  He had me sign the grand piano!  Then he moved me to an American brand upright (which I didn't really like the sound of) and had me sign under the top cover. 

This beautiful piano is now defaced--in my opinion.  I certainly looked like an average person going in there.  I made a fair number of mistakes and had forgotten parts so they should have realized that I’m just a hobby pianist.  Yet, they're likely planning to sell it for a surplus (I should have made them give me 1/2 of what extra they get!) 

Simply because I'm American/foreigner it becomes a novelty.  I can't believe they had me sign it, though.  This will be on that I won't forget.


Plenty more stories to come from the three weeks that Philipp was here. 
Later Days,
Rick

No comments: